This is drawn from something my brother wrote in his letter that he left for his friends to find after the Rapture, and he did a pretty good summary of the main points of the Tribulation, so I am going to use his material and add a few of my own thoughts and some Bible references so that you can read it for yourself. The time you are about to face is going to be pretty terrifying, but it’s my hope and prayer that as you realise that God has this all not only prophesied but also completely under control, you will find the strength and peace to face these events in the confidence of faith and trust in Jesus.
From the Bible, mostly the book of Revelation, along with the Old Testament prophet Daniel and Jesus’ own teachings on the End Times, we are given a clear picture of the outline of the 7-year tribulation:
– It will begin precisely with the signing of an historic peace deal primarily with Israel, allowing the Jews to finally rebuild their temple in Jerusalem (Daniel 9:27). This may or may not follow the Gog and Magog war that I described in a previous 2-part post (Ezekiel 38-39). This peace deal will be initiated by the Antichrist, a certain world leader who will seem to be a truly wonderful, charismatic man with a plan to save the world from its current chaos (Daniel 7:8, 1 Thessalonians 2:3-4, 9-10).
– This leader will then preside over the formation of a fully global government, likely with a digital global currency (Revelation 13). This will be effectively a New World Order, and it will have been brought in as the “Great Reset” we all ‘needed’ to cope with the global chaos and economic collapse that is coming. The results of such a global crash will be worldwide shortages, starvation, lawlessness, and death, which exactly mirror the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seal judgements in Revelation 6.
– The Antichrist will be backed up by another very significant, revered public figure (most likely a religious figure of some kind) who will act as a spokesperson for the Antichrist at first. He is referred to in Revelation as the dragon and to Christians as the False Prophet. From our knowledge, this spokesperson looks very likely to be the current Pope, for various reasons, and he will likely lead the way to the creation of a One World Religion of ‘peace and tolerance’, especially between the three Abrahamic faiths, completely denying the truth of the God he claims to represent (Revelation 13:11-15).
– The identity of the Antichrist himself is less clear. That being said, I have my personal suspicions. Barack Obama and Emmanuel Macron have both caught my eye for different reasons. But, as I do not know for sure, this is purely my own speculation and so I will say no more. Whoever he is, it will be obvious when he comes to power, and 10 of the leaders of various global regions or supranational entities will give over their power to him to preside over the new global system being set up. He will likely destroy three of these leaders in the process, according to Daniel 7:8.
– The Antichrist will be viewed by most of the world as a saviour figure, almost like a second Jesus. The Jews may even begin thinking he is their messiah. But he is not their messiah, and nor is he a saviour. He is the exact opposite. He is referred to in both Daniel and Revelation as The Beast, and he will be the most evil dictator ever to rise to power in the history of our planet, ruling purely by fear and brute force in the end. He may not seem like this for the first few years to ordinary people who don’t know what to be looking out for, but at a certain point it will be completely clear to the whole world who he really is.
– Exactly 3.5 years after the signing of the peace deal with Israel, at the halfway point of the 7 years of Tribulation, the Antichrist himself will break this deal, begin persecuting the Jewish people, and set up an image of himself in the Jewish temple, demanding that the entire world worship him as a god under the new global religion that has been being set up by the False Prophet.
– He will at some point appear to suffer a fatal attack or wound, and yet recover, almost as if he has come back to life from the dead, thus “proving” his supposed divinity (Revelation 13:3). Do not be fooled. His spiritual powers will come from Satan, not God. This man, taken over and possessed willingly by Satan, is the devil’s copy of Jesus. Remember that possession by a demon or in this case, the devil himself, does not absolve someone of responsibility for what they do; this possession is the result of a pact with Satan, made knowingly and willingly in rejection of God, and in return for the immense power of being the global leader – he will be full of evil and power, and intent on killing as many as possible, especially those who believe in the one true God.
– The Antichrist and the False Prophet will also demand that all people in the world take a specific mark, either on/in their hands or their foreheads, that will allow them to continue to participate unimpeded in society (to travel, to buy and sell, etc: Revelation 13:16-18). This will likely be a form of digital ID nanotechnology, such as a quantum dot tattoo or nanoparticles injected into people’s bodies (this already exists and is not science fiction), which will make them trackable and able to be manipulated, controlled and hunted down, like the Chinese Communist Social Credit system of today, just much, much worse. The False Prophet will push this Mark of the Beast, the infamous 666, especially hard – so if that figure is in fact the Pope, you will know.
– Anyone who does not worship the Antichrist as god or take his mark will be hunted, arrested, and ultimately killed. There is even indication that anyone who does not comply will specifically be beheaded (Revelation 20:4). But if you have placed your faith and trust in Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, you will go straight to be with Him and us in heaven; not even the Antichrist can take that away from you.
– The Bible isn’t clear exactly when this will happen, but at some point during all these tumultuous things, 144, 000 Jewish people will recognise and receive Jesus as their Messiah, and they will be sealed and commissioned by God to take this message of salvation out to the whole world (Revelation 7:1-8). They will become His messengers and as a result of their witness, many millions of people – ‘a great multitude which no-one could number’ – will believe and be saved (Revelation 7:9-17). This harvest of people who turn to God will prove that anyone who seeks after the true God will indeed find Him (Jeremiah 29:11-13), and those who desire good and right and truth will find salvation in Jesus, the Way the Truth and the Life (John 14:6).
– At some point, God will specifically send two men, two witnesses, to declare the truth of Jesus’ offer of salvation to the world (Revelation 11). They may well be previously known biblical men, such as Moses, Elijah or Enoch. Or they may not. Their identity is not really important, but their message of salvation is. They will be like Old Testament prophets in their power and anointing, and will also perform supernatural feats, miracles, and cause supernatural judgments to occur on those who hate God, specifically judgments seen before in Scripture, such as withholding rain, turning water to blood, and bringing plagues, just like in Exodus. Because of their witness to the one true God, the Antichrist will kill them, but 3.5 days later they will be resurrected, most likely in Jerusalem (Revelation 11:8), before the eyes of the whole world and then ascend back into Heaven.
– Meanwhile, wars and natural disasters will have been continuing to increase over the entire 7 years; flooding, contamination of the oceans, fires, asteroids hitting the earth, earthquakes, hailstorms, solar flares, plagues, and much more. In fact, by the end, the world will be in such a horrific state that if Jesus did not return mankind would ultimately go extinct (Matthew 24:22). To learn more about the details of what will happen during the 7 years of the tribulation, see chapter 4 of “Rapture (Under Attack)” by Tim LaHaye, which breaks down the book of Revelation into clear simplicity.
One piece of advice I strongly suggest you heed is this: stay away from the significant cities or capitals of the liberal, backslidden post-christian world, which will come under especially harsh judgement. These cities, such as London, Paris and New York, will be places of huge destruction and death because of what they have stood for in their blatant rebellion against God and His laws. By the time you get this far into the Tribulation, you need to get out into the countryside and get off grid as much as you can; stay away from technology and pharmaceuticals and learn to be self-sufficient in small groups to support each other and survive, keeping your faith in Jesus above anything else.
But please don’t lose hope my friend; Jesus will return.
The Antichrist will persecute Jewish people and Christian believers with complete obsession, and in his satanic hatred of God, he will gather the nations of the world together to fight against Jerusalem, to overthrow it and destroy the nation of Israel once and for all, as they represent God and His promises (Zechariah 12:9). But Jesus will not allow His covenant people to be destroyed, and He will come back in time to save His people, His land, and His Holy City (Zechariah 12, 13, and 14), and in that Day, Israel will finally recognise Him as their promised, long-rejected Messiah, and they will mourn and repent on the most powerful Yom Kippur ever to be kept.
You see, exactly 7 years after the Antichrist signs his peace deal with Israel, and exactly 3.5 years after that peace deal is broken, Jesus will return, and we will return with Him. This is the fulfilment of the solemn Jewish Day of Atonement, Yom Kippur. Jesus will come down from the clouds physically and visibly, in power and great glory, as King and Judge, to stand on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem and save it from the forces of evil, His feet splitting it in half as He touches down (Daniel 7:13-14, Zechariah 14:3-4) .
This day is the Day of the Lord, the Day of Judgement, and may well occur in 2028 if the tribulation begins soon after the rapture in 2021. However, please remember that regardless of what year the tribulation begins, it will last 7 years and Jesus will return at the end of those 7 years, whether that be 2028, 2029, 2030, etc. As soon as the Antichrist signs his peace deal with Israel, start counting down 7 years. The day of Jesus’ second coming will begin a new era on Earth – one of victory over evil, the setting right of all wrong, and the fixing of the mess the natural world and the environment is in. Jesus will rule righteously over the whole earth from Jerusalem for this new period of 1,000 years. 1,000 years of peace. This time is described in many beautiful passages in the Bible and speaks of no more war, almost no death except in the case of someone choosing to commit evil, and such harmony on Earth that even animals will no longer pose any threat. Lions will sleep alongside lambs, children will play with snakes, nothing will kill or destroy, and we will finally be able to live life the way that God originally intended for us to live; in loving harmony with Him and all around us.
Please know that if you put your trust in Jesus, nothing can separate you from the love of God, and you will be saved. Remember and hold onto His word:
‘What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.’Romans 8:31-39